WEBINAR MATERIAL – Health in All Policies in times of COVID-19: Wellbeing economics and social protection
The material from the webinar on Health in All Policies in times of COVID-19 is now available. Don’t hesitate to share with you colleagues and networks!
The following presentations are also available for download:
- COVID 19 – a challenge to the Nordic model?
Elisabeth Fosse, Professor of Health Promotion, University of Bergen, Norway
- The future of public health policymaking after COVID-19: a qualitative systematic review of lessons from Health in All Policies
Paul Cairney, Professor of Politics and Public Policy at the University of Stirling, Scotland
- Pandemic, Shutdown and Consumer Spending: Lessons from Scandinavian Policy Responses to COVID-19
Asger Lau Andersen, Associate Professor at the University of Copenhagen, Department of Economics, Denmark
- The renewed public health policy in Sweden
Olle Lundberg, Professor of Health Equity Studies at Stockholm University, Secretary General at Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare FORTE
- Health in All Policies in times of COVID-19. Integrating the Economy of Wellbeing as a strategy for Government
Heli Hätönen, Ministerial Adviser at the Finnish Ministry of Social Affairs and Health, Finland
This webinar was a part of Global Network of Health in All Policies (GNHiAP) activities. GNHiAP is a country-led initiative with a mission to work with various stakeholders to address the determinants of health by strengthening the Health in All Policies (HiAP) approach. The webinar was organised by Tampere University, Finland, in collaboration with the GNHiAP and with the support of the World Health Organization.
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
COVID-19 has highlighted the link between health, wellbeing, social protection, and the economy. It has also revealed the challenges and opportunities for Health in All Policies approach during and after the pandemic.
Health in All Policies approach concerns public policies and how policies in other sectors influence health and wellbeing and social determinants of health. The purpose of this webinar was to address especially economic and social inequalities-related factors in Nordic countries and Scotland, in times of COVID-19. Our aim was to gather experts to address the challenges COVID-19 has brought up regarding health, social protection and the economy.
- Strengthen the principles and practices of Health in All Policies in times of COVID-19
- Address the role of social protection and health equity during and after the pandemic
- Emphasize the economic implications of COVID-19
- Share knowledge and opportunities from a multidisciplinary perspective regarding health, social protection and the economy in times of COVID-19
Our target audience were both academics and non-academics, government agencies and civil servants, policymakers and people who are involved in policies and decision-making, and other members of the GNHiAP. This diverse representation of experts and stakeholders from different disciplines offered a great opportunity to learn about COVID-19 crisis from a multidisciplinary perspective.
Click here to consult the full program.
Click here to view the speakers’ biographies.
Click here to view material from recent GNHiAP webinars on HiAP and COVID-19.
Coordinator, Global Network for Health in All Policies
National Collaborating Centre for Healthy Public Policy (NCCHPP)