On July 5th, the Health in All Policies (HiAP) team at Te Mana Ora hosted an online workshop for colleagues working in HiAP-related public health roles across New Zealand. Over 50 participants attended with representation from each public health office within the National Public Health Service of Te Whatu Ora – Health New Zealand, Te Aka Whai Ora – Māori Health Authority, and the Ministry of Health Public Health Agency.
The workshop included:
- A HiAP 101 presentation from Dr. Anna Stevenson;
- Five case studies about local HiAP implementation;
- A presentation from the Public Health Agency; and
- A reflection from Dr Kumanan Rasanathan from the WHO.
If you are interested to see what was covered in the half-day workshop please find linked here a post-workshop package of information that includes:
- A copy of the readings sent prior to the workshop
- A link to the recording of the workshop with identified timestamps for the presentations and feedback sessions
- Copies of the presentations and several other documents referred to in the presentations
- Collation of the notes from the breakout rooms and a summary of the key points made
- Reflections from Te Mana Ora HiAP staff on possible next steps.
Interested in learning more about HiAP in New Zealand?